"Oh, Fear, your very grip is the reason I do anything at all."

Time is something no one has any control over whatsoever. With time, the inevitable will catch up. Oh, how I anticipate the inevitable. In all its bittersweet contradictions, at least I have the certainty of it happening to rely on.

The fear of aging takes my hand alongst the walk that is my life. With every year that passes, the body is breaking down. I fear memory loss. I fear the loss of my senses, both common and physical. I fear the inability to learn. I fear the slow dissipating of life. And it is this very fear that makes me do what I do. If one day physical age takes my sight, I want to have seen the world. If it takes the use of my legs, I want to have danced the way my body was made for. If it takes my hands, I want to have done enough that the people around me would miss them as much as I do.

Idealistic? Probably...

Word of the day: Don't wonder why people go crazy. Wonder why they don't.

0 Responses