Only time will tell.

You can tell a whole lot of tales, spin a whole lot of self-truths, and convince the people around you that you are sincere but only time will show if you are worthy of trust. In a way, time is the ultimate mirror. Through time, we get to see real beauty, to encounter colorful personalities, to see our true selves.

I stopped making promises I know I'll never be able to keep since years ago. "I promise to be with you forever", "We'll never be together", "I promise I won't go over 120 km/h". These are all mere utterances with the potential to become non-truths. No one can tell the future, and I am definitely incapable of promising anyone the future. What I can promise is anything that is within my control. I can promise to work as hard as I can to stay with you for as long as we can, I can promise to keep an open mind, I can promise to install a speed cut in my car. Then again, it all boils down to trust. And trust is something cultivated through time and communication.

I can say a lot of things but it's up to you to give me the time test.

Word of the day: I know myself well enough to know that I don't know myself very well.

0 Responses