I think I'm going crazy.

It's been almost a month since I completed my internship. I should be enjoying my free time. I should be rubbing the fact that I have absolutely nothing to do in the face of people who have absolutely too much to do. I should be sleeping till four in the afternoon and lulling till dinner. I should be up-to-date with all the movies currently screening in the cinemas and also those currently sitting in the drawers of my home that are in the form of counterfeit DVDs. What I shouldn't be doing is fretting. A lot of people I know take time off to do nothing after freshly graduating. Sometimes even years. I can't presume it normal that I'm already beginning to get restless after barely a month of bumming.

So here I am sitting in the rain. Well, not literally sitting in the rain, but I am sitting near rain. I came out here with a book in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other. I had all sorts of inspiration to write while in this melodramatic state but I lost it as I ran upstairs to grab my laptop. Believe me, this was not what I intended to ramble on about. My brain is running so fast that it's not even making time to process the thoughts. It's like watching lampposts whiz by while on a 180km/h car ride. You know they are lampposts even though you can't visually focus on the object. Too many details are left out, but you know beyond doubt that it's a lamppost.

This is turning out to be a very depressing post so in the spirit of things, I hate the stupidly erratic weather...


0 Responses