Last night was the worst night of my life!

It was 12.10am when I decided to watch just one more episode of Friends, Season 6, episode 3. I went up to my room at 12.30am. As I opened my bedroom door, my hand robotically reached for the light and fan switch. It took half a second before light filled the room and then, "AHHHHH!", I screamed. The dark, oval form laying on my bed scampered away to hide. It laid rest behind my radio remote controller which was also on my bed.

"HONG KHENGGGG!!!", I screamed as if I got news that someone close had just died. I started banging on his door when it flung open and an agitated looking brother stumbled out. "THERE'SACOCKROACHINMYROOMTHERE'SACOCKROACHINMYROOMTHERE'SACOCKROACHINMYROOM!"

"Aiyah", my brother exhaled in exasperation. "What do you want me to do about it?" he asked.

"KILLITKILLITKILLIT!!!" I screamed.

My brother suggested he grab the roach with a plastic bag. I suggested he use a magazine to sweep that menacing, winged thing along with my remote controller into my waste paper basket that was lined with a garbage bag, pick out the remote controller and then tie up the bag. He took my suggestion. It seemed like a flawless plan.

My brother, coincidentally, picked up a KLue magazine dated July, 2006. "Hey, I have a KLue magazine!", I enthused half surprised half amused. My brother approached the thing in hiding, full of caution. And then in one swift motion, he swept the controller into the bin and the roach scuttled to the side of the bed, halted for a moment and then was gone never to be seen again.

"AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!" I squealed. "OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD! Where the hell did it go?"

We spent the next 20 minutes flinging clothes and pillows aside. We lifted up the mattress, we used two flashlights to scour every inch of the floor , every corner. Nothing moved.

"There's nothing more we can do. We'll never find it now", my brother said as he left the room.

I cleaned the clothes off my floor, I put the pillows back on my bed, I changed into my sleeping attire and I went to bed with my lights on.

It was the worst night of my life. I kept waking up to check if the cockroach was lying beside me. My legs kept itching, thinking the roach was crawling on it.

I'm never bringing food into my room ever again.
0 Responses