we spend two thirds of our school days waiting.

i drove by my old school today and came past this corner of the curb i used to wait on for my parents to pick me up. it's kinda weird...most of my childhood memories involves me waiting for someone to pick me up.

i spent so much time waiting...after school, after tuition class, after piano class. wait for catered lunch to arrive. wait for dinner. wait for friends to arrive. wait for Astro to be installed. wait for SPCA dude to arrive. wait for pocket money. wait for driver's licence. wait for exams. wait for holidays. anyway, i'm getting a bit carried away. it's weird how we spend so much time waiting but yet all the fun things seem to happen while we're waiting. while waiting for the transporter lady to come pick me up from school, i've seen fights happen, i've seen people get stung by giant wasps, i've ran in the rain, i've missed the transporter lady and ended up having to walk home from school coz i didn't have money to get a cab and i swear, if i get on a bus, i'll get off in Ipoh.

and then you have parents who forget to pick you up...so there you are stupidly waiting for 2 hours thinking they're definitely on the way but they're really still in the office or already at home preparing dinner.

well...pleasant memories...
2 Responses
  1. evermagic~* Says:

    those memories. you brought it all back for me :)


  2. Aileen Lim Says:

    lol! the bitter sweet memories...