do you ever learn how to say 'no'?

i thought i was getting better at it until i did something so phenomenally stupid.....

i have no words to describe how stupid i feel...naive and stupid...

there i was in college, just after class, waiting for my friend to reach. i sat outside the library to do some work when this Nigerian guy came up to me and started talking to me. i'm generally friendly on first encounter, so we chatted. cut a long story short, due to my phenomenal stupidity, we exchanged numbers...i won't even try to defend myself by saying that i was cornered into it coz i basically have a problem with saying 'no'...

now i've got this annoying situation on my hands and no idea how to get out of it...he keeps calling me, i haven't answered any of the calls. maybe i can just wait till he wears out. maybe i can pick up one of his calls and scream at him. it's weird how these people seem to have so much time on their hands. calling every few hours, everyday..."Don't you have things to do??" i can almost see him bumming around at home, chilling on his beanbag while hitting 'redial' every so often.

seriously...i'm not amused...
2 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    just ask a guy to say "sorry wrong number" each time that he calls. Or if not, answer his call and just say "sorry, but do I know you?" and really pretend all the way that you don't.

    Or perhaps, if you don't know how to act on the phone, just say "sorry, my boyfriend is calling on the other line". Just to pretend. Then hopefully he'll get the message.

    Friend, next time, practise discretion. =)

    All the best. :)


  2. Aileen Lim Says:

    erintan: have there been any 'incidents' in ur condo? after the new intake, there was an influx of africans to my coll and they took over the neighboring apartments. apparently there were rape cases but the credibility of those stories are questionable.

    i really don't have a prob with africans...i have some kenyan friends who are freakin nice! but u know how nigerians have that reputation. even that guy told me that "the chinese girls are very unfriendly". i just wanted to be different. not all chinese girls are unfriendly..

    anonymous: hahaha! i really wanted to answer his call but then i also didn't want him to know that my number is active. i wore him down though. he stopped calling. *does little victory dance*