*this is last monday's post (13th Feb). don't ask me how i actually forgot to publish it...

my mom's car fell sick this morning...some more during rush hour...not very nice la...an accident almost happened coz of it...waited an hour for AAM to arrive...waited another half an hour at Tan Chong to see the doctor...but like all bad things, there's always a good outcome...i got to skip my 1st class! teehee!

so Valentine's Day is tomorrow...and i've got a date with my vocal teacher...who's a lady. but somehow, there's not much hype going on this year right..? or is it just me? well, maybe it's coz i don't hang out with people who are that into the whole Valentine's thing...or maybe it's coz i don't have a date...or maybe it's coz i grew up enough to realise the ridiculouness of Valentine's...or maybe it's coz all this while, even though i had dates, they weren't exactly terribly romantic.
my 1st Valentine made me wait a good 40 mins in a shopping complex for him to arrive...
my 2nd one gave me a devotional book
and my 3rd gave me a Swiss Card
though of course they all involved flowers and dinner but that's not the point.....

i feel that Valentine's Day has grown so way out of proportion that every girl has this idealistic dream of being asked out for a faint-gracefully-into-your-arms romantic night by an enchantingly charming guy who actually has the ability to hold doors open for girls. why should this one day be so different from others? why should this one day suddenly make brute beer chugging football watching men turn into someone with explicably good taste in clothes? how destroyed a girl must feel when she comes home from a Valentine's date that was completely ruined just coz he didn't pull out her chair for her...

i'm not bitter ok...i just think that Valentine's Day could be an increasingly unhealthy ritual for both men and women alike
1 Response
  1. Ian Says:

    I so agree with you! I think it very true.. Well, i guess mindset just ought to change..Valentine's should be a day which is meaning full, out-of-the-ordinary kind of thing..

    I think its best only if we percive it our own way..
    Not like how the world thinks..
    Go leen!