I was rushing.

The clock's long hand showed 10 minutes late and my phone displayed unanswered calls because I didn't yet have a good enough excuse for the extra time I needed. As I took a swift glance at the clock again, my foot took one step into the bathroom. My toes felt the cold, wet tiles of the bathroom floor. Every contour and detail of the tiles a familiar feel from 14 years of getting acquainted. It was a familiar cool on the familiar cracks, but the misstep had been a large one; a half step too large.

Shit. My foot slid across the silky smooth tiles. My left hand reached out for the doorknob, missed, but caught hold of a teddy bear hanging from the doorknob. My right palm slammed against the doorpost in an attempt to slow down whatever that was happening. Momentum happened. My body moved in the direction of my sliding foot while my other foot curled up under me leaving a bare knee to face its fate. The sound of a dull thud reverberates upward my body.

Sitting on my ass with a teddy bear in hand, a searing pain throbs from my knee. "Ahhhow." A few moments pass before I glare menacingly at the mouth edge of the porcelain toilet bowl. You had better be broken for causing me so much pain. It wasn't.

My knee is now too weak to support my weight and bears a disfiguring swollen bruise, but needless to say, it was a pretty good excuse for my lateness.

Word of the day: I don't know you, but I want you all the more for that.
2 Responses
  1. RVL Says:

    ouch....

    i tot salsa is supposed to make you more agile..

    kudos, i think this has been the most interesting post i've seen coming out from you..

    take care darling


  2. Aileen Lim Says:

    haha i was rushing... stupid things happen when u're rushing...

    but thanks =) good to know that my suffering has entertainment value -_-