The weekend was like an escape from real life. I spent a night on a rooftop bar with a good looking guy. My group pulled off a song that we barely practiced. A relative told me I looked like a model at a cousin's wedding (God bless blood relations). I made my early morning commitments relatively on time. My mom made pork roast. I made up for a week's worth of late nights.

And then Monday came. Like a train off its tracks, it came. Unexpected, undesired.

I overslept. I couldn't find my device chargers. Everything I did had a two-second lag due to oversleeping and hand moisturiser (no grip). Didn't iron any clothes over the awesome weekend so this morning greeted me naked. I found my brother at home, which I hoped upon every shooting star and wishing well that that meant it was a public holiday I wasn't aware of. No such luck. Upon setting foot in the office, my mom gasped at my disfiguring eye bags and told me I look like I've been in mourning. -_-

Happy weekday everybody!
0 Responses